Thursday, May 19, 2011

A little excitement with silverware

     We may not have kids, or a pet, or a house yet or really anything exciting to blog about..... but today I bring you a blog post about silverware.  You are now on the edge of your seat aren't you?  How can silverware be exciting you ask?  Well let me tell you they can be when you have husband trying to do a good deed and a wife that can be and usually is a bit klutzy.
     The first story I bring you involves ice cream, a spoon and a husband.  We hadn't had ice cream in awhile.... trying to be healthier and what not.... so we were pretty excited to sit down to some cookie dough chocolate chip chunk goodness.  In said excitement Cameron was serving up the ice cream and spoon goes in the ice cream and bends.  You think to yourself... well that wasn't that exciting.  A bent spoon?  That is all ya got?  Well a little discouraged, but still excited about having the much talked about ice cream Cameron gets another spoon (Yes we have an ice cream scooper.  Why aren't we using it?... I have no idea), anyways he gets another one, digs in to the frozen goodness and ends up flinging ice cream everywhere!  It lands on him, the counter, floor, stove, you name it.  After the laughter subsided he was finally able to wrangle the ice cream into the actual bowl without further incident and we were able to enjoy it.  Yum!






     Story number two.  This involves the klutzy wife mentioned above.  So it was a normal day.  I was doing the dishes.  You know the stuff that you can't put into the dish washer, but really wish you could and secretly dream of "forgetting" just to see if anything bad would really happen, because you feel like you wash the same thing twenty times a day?.... Well that is what I was doing.  So if I may paint you this picture... I was standing at the sink, sun streaming into the kitchen, bare foot, just finished loading up the dishes that could go in the dish washer and had hand washed the rest by hand.  So feeling good about the washing part I moved onto the drying.  I get to the steak knifes.  Cleaning knives always scare me a little.  You have the sponge and soap making things all slippy  and my imagination gets the best of me.  Anyways some how one of them jumped out of my hand and dove straight for my foot as I was drying them.  Luckily I was on high alert already since I had just finished washing the slippy knives and escaped unharmed.


                                                                        THE END


5 comments:

  1. Well, you already know my reaction to this blog post. I laughed so hard, my stomach ached by the time I finished. You certainly need a hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....YIKES
    Wouldn't want to meet that knife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And the pictures are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love the new layout...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sareh! I spent several hours shooting the spoon (the knife posed itself). I ordered a bunch of transmitter/receiver accessories for the flash before I left the company (About $300 worth for free because I had a bunch of points to use through Tamrac). So anyways I just got around to playing with it. Never was a big lighting/flash person, but I am coverting over to controlling my light and actually having fun with it.
    Glad to give you a laugh mom. I often chuckle at myself too.
    Shani I might have to have a talk with the knife. Maybe introduce it to the wooden spoon. :)

    ReplyDelete