Saturday, April 30, 2011

Just another day

Well I was going to post the tulip photos from our day trip, but since everyone is on facebook now a days you can check them out on there and comment.  Don't forget to go to Tondre Photography on facebook because I post a lot of photos there that I don't on my personal one.
Today was a day of errands and checking out a book store that Cameron and I have passed by several times since we have moved here.  They don't have a Half Price Books here which is sad for me, the closest one is in Tacoma.  So I go in and the second I walk in I was smitten.  This place is great!   It has its own little personality.  I think what sold me on this place is the lady that was helping me.  I couldn't find a book that I had been searching for, I asked her if they by chance had one in and she turns around a picks one off the shelf of random books that weren't alphabetized in any way.  She is my Mary Poppins.  I couldn't stump her.  Needless to say I will be going back.  The place is called Lassley's Books and they have three locations.  Lacey, West Olympia and Shelton.  They sell used (MY FAVORITE!)  books and they give you store credit when you bring books in.  Books are 60% off retail listed price (without any credit) and if you turn in books for credit it takes it to 80% off retail.  Still not as good as going to Goodwill (but they are super organized so worth paying a little more), but if you are turning books in on a regular basis then you can't beat it.
Anyways I really don't have a lot to update you guys on, just thought I would share the bit of sunshine I found in my day.



Made these cookie brownies for Ryan, Shalisa and the girls for when they come over tonight to play games.

2 comments:

  1. Well, what book was it? Now I am curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is book 8 1/2 in the Janet Evanovich series. The book is called Visions of Sugar Plums. I can't get enough of the series. It gets me laughing out loud. I think you would like it Shani.

    ReplyDelete