Saturday, April 2, 2011

Stormy Weather and To Do Lists

     Well it has turned out to be a pretty stormy day today.  Lights are flickering because the wind is blowing so hard.  But none the less it has been a great day so far.  It started with Cameron bringing me a coffee in bed as he was heading out the door to work.  I woke up and snuggled on the couch with coffee and current book in hand.  You would think I would have more me time since being unemployed, but my day never seems to turn out that way.  So this morning was much needed and a very nice start to my day.
      Yesterday I got a bee in my bonnet to do some "light" cleaning.  One thing lead to another and I emptied 5 more boxes from the office room, hung up a painting, vacuumed the whole apartment, did the dishes, all the laundry, rearranged/tidied the bedroom and then made dinner.  All in all I felt very good about getting some projects crossed off my list of to dos.  Today I am trying to get motivated to put some things on Craigslist that I have been meaning to do for the last few weeks, but keep putting it off.  My next big project I want to tackle is setting up a filing system for our import paperwork.  I am tired of the endless paper piles.  You check the mail and then you have another one!
     Update on the crazy robin that was diving into our window:  As long as shades are down it doesn't fling its self into the window anymore.  If shades are up then he is back at it.  Weird.
     Any who..... anyone want to come for a visit?  See the new place?  We miss everyone and love visitors.
(I made almond poppy seed muffins for Cameron a couple days ago and this is the coffee he brought me)


3 comments:

  1. Ok, now me wants one of those muffins pronto! Yummm. We would love to visit you guys, maybe when we can pawn off one of the girls so they're not taking over the whole place? We really miss game nights and just hanging out in general. Way to go on the cleaning- you're such a good little housewife, I'd probably really abuse my time off and just read, netflix, and drink coffee all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you I have had my fair share of down time since we moved (currently in the middle of watching all nine seasons of Scrubs). I struggle with having the motivation to get things done. It is the feeling of "there is always tomorrow" when you don't have a job. I am getting better at it though, there are just so many little projects that I have wanted or needed to do for so long that it is overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, when I have a full day off sometimes I'm not as productive- I'll lie around in my PJs until the afternoon because I'm so unmotiovated and the amount of cleaning to do seems overwhelming! I actually do a bit better when I'm forced out of the house during the first part of the day :-)

    ReplyDelete