Monday, March 7, 2011

Olympia

     Ok I really am no good at this blog thing.  Writing whether blogging or commenting is not my strong suit.  I am afraid of sounding stupid or frustrated because I can't get my thoughts to come out right.  Well lets give this another go and hopefully I will be a better blogger both posting and commenting.
     Well we are in Olympia where there are a lot of ...... well lets say interesting people so I don't offend anyone.  Trying to get the lay of the land and getting settled in has been keeping me busy while Cameron is at work.  I have been cooking dinners every night.  So far I have mastered the crock pot (made beef, carrot and potato stew), made killer asparagus and chicken stir fry to name a few.  Cut Cameron's hair for the first time (yes he still has hair).  Started doing puzzles again.  It has been different switching rolls from full time worker to house wife.  It has been an adventure.
     Before we moved we went to the Harry Potter exhibit thanks to his parents for Cameron's early birthday present.  It was snowing the night we were loading up the truck and the day we were moving in.  After we got everything moved in it ended up snowing 7 inches.  Now living on a hill made it a challenge to go anywhere so we got a lot of the boxes unpacked the first couple of day we were here.
     We miss our friends the most.  We aren't that far away, but it feels like it is worlds away from what we know.  I also miss knowing where everything is and where I am going.  The GPS has never gotten so much use before.
     Cameron is enjoying his new store.  Very different from what he is use to, but he is settling in quite nicely.  Thanks to those of you who have called and texted to check in on us and keep in touch. 



3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... Interesting people, as in Portland-interesting? Not to insult Portland or anything ;)

    Do you have a photoblog too?

    I'm glad to hear about you guys' smooth transition after moving to Olympia. If you ever need anything though, just let me know -- the drive to Olympia isn't that long for me. :)

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've updated! Some of us are very interested to know what you're up to. Glad things are going ok in Olympia, but we miss you both, and game nights :-( I know we can visit but it's not really the same! I hope you guys make lots of new friends soon, and you don't get too lonely being a housewife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tabitha... yes as in Portland interesting, with a side of redneck. :o) I don't have a photoblog. I was looking for a site that was a lot easier to post photos then this site, but haven't found anything I like more, for free.

    Shani... I am so bad at this blogging thing. Half the time I forget I have one set up or don't think that our lives are that interesting. I enjoy not working. Didn't realize how unappreciated I was, but miss it all the same. It is where I met a lot of great friends and I would like to think I was good at slinging cameras. Anyways it is done and I am moving forward. I applied for a job in the school district here. Haven't heard anything yet, but it has only be a couple days. Miss you guys and game night as well!

    ReplyDelete